Peach of immortality… time to have them in salad
[LOVE TIP] Peaches come originally from North East China, and have been prized for their longevity properties. They are believed to sustain vitality. This may be related to the early blossom: Flowers appear even before leaves sprout.
So to revitalize yourself , grab the last peaches and let them ripe if need be – but avoid storing them in the fridge which would stop the maturation process- and prepare this easy-going delicious salad in 15′.
Peaches are warm food (in Traditional Chinese Medicine), hence perfect for the first cold weather. Inspired by ceviche, this salad is a very balanced combination: sweet and sour, crunchy and smooth…
For 2 . Peach-shrimp-avocado-cilantro ..salad
– 2 carrots
– 1 peach
– 1 avocado
– 250 g of shrimps,
– cilantro, sesame seeds
– 2 handfuls of rocket leaves
– dressing : lime, soy sauce, garlic, 1/2 ts of sugar, 1 chili (optional), ginger (optional)
1. wash and dice all fruit, herbs and vegetables
2. boil the shrimps and peel them
3. prepare the dressing
4. Combine the rocket leaves, shrimps, avocado, peach. Pour the dressing. Sprinkle with cilantro and sesame.. Ready!
Remark: yellow peach is a perfect susbtitute of mango in all exotic recipes. I know, I should have thought of it before..
PS: For all those who will miss peaches in winter, you can always have a sniff of Mitsouko..or Gucci Rush . Their creamy lactones will caress you like a soft peach..
Enjoy your week end!